Sunday, June 17, 2012

2012 NBA FINALS: I Hope Lebron Wins the 2012 NBA Championship

It's been a while since my last post.  I've been in recovery mode--you see, this post-season has been tough for me as a fan.  First off, my beloved Lakers went down without much of a fight and the road to rebuilding a championship team anytime soon seems like a long-shot.  Regardless, I love the Lakers and will continue to suffer through the heartbreak for seasons to come.  Pau Gasol is most likely out, Kobe Bryant will continue to decline, the point guard issue remains unresolved, and I still hate Mike Brown. Then, the Celtics just didn't have enough gas left in the tank to make it to the Finals.  It saddens me because this squad had so much heart, and it's safe to say the Big 3 (or 4 depending on who you ask) Era is over.  Ray Allen will most likely not be in Boston next season, and the futures of Garnett and Pierce seem a bit dubious.  Anyways, let me stop before I start crying about the end of my teams' dominance.


OBVIOUSLY I ALWAYS WANT THE LAKERS TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, but since it wasn't going to be them, I wanted the Celtics to win it (yeah, yeah I know all about the rivalry, but this 2012 team had so much heart, I wanted them to have a final hoorah), then the list dropped off and I was unsure who I wanted to win.  Well, I finally decided, and I'm not going to pick a team, I'm going to pick a player...Lebron James.  I can't friggin stand the Miami Heat.  I hate everything about them--their coach, their team colors, Wade, Bosh, their entire bench, their fake ass fans, etc.  But I (somewhat) like Lebron. 

He's undoubtedly the greatest active basketball player and his fault is being too unselfish.  Seriously.  He needs to step up and lead this team already.  Who gives an eff about Wade's ego?!?  It's Lebron's team now!  Spoelstra's game plan for every single game should look like this:  ALWAYS PASS THE BALL TO LEBRON.  If LBJ unselfishly passes the ball to you, you better pass that ball right back to him and encourage him to shoot it.  You should always try to facilitate for Lebron.  Don't even think about taking the last shot (I'm talking to you Mario Chalmers).  If you see somebody is about to foul Lebron, you better step in between them and absorb the hit.  If Lebron is falling you better hurl your body to the floor to soften his landing. Basically, this whole team should revolve around Lebron.  If the Heatles follow this game plan to the tee, the 2012 Championship is all but guaranteed.

I'm sick and tired of hearing all the criticism and psychoanalysis of LBJ.  Can he just win a championship already so that ESPN's NBA writers can stop writing the same story over and over again?  I'm sick of reading the same thing written by five different writers questioning Lebron, his dedication, his psyche, his elbow, etc.  Once he wins these same writers will be saying how great LBJ is, the MJ comparisons will begin, and...wait a minute I'm still going to be reading the same thing written by five different writers damnit!


As a Kobe fan, there is some ulterior motive behind my desire for LBJ to win the 2012 title...Kevin Durant is simply too young.  It scares me to think that he'll win his first championship at 23, this young OKC team will remain intact and dominate for years to come.  I DO NOT WANT KEVIN DURANT TO SURPASS KB24 IN CHAMPIONSHIPS.  I have more faith in KD & the Thunder to do this than LBJ & the Veteran Minimum Heat.  It scares me for the sake of Kobe's legacy.  Ironically, my love for Kobe is the main reason I want LBJ to win the 2012 NBA Championship.  So, go Heat!


***CONGRATS TO THE LA KINGS FOR WINNING THE STANLEY CUP!  THE PARADE WAS BORING, BUT IT WAS AWESOME TO SAY I WAS THERE!***


PS RAJON RONDO COMPLETELY DOMINATED THIS POST-SEASON!  THOSE GASOL-RONDO OR BYNUM-RONDO TRADES I PROPOSED AREN'T LOOKING SO FOOLISH NOW HUH??!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemmie know what you think!